“You never stand still. You’re either moving upward a little bit or you’re going the other way. We can’t expect to go upward too quickly, but we can sure go down very quickly…slide down and be in a hurry. Progress comes steady if you’re preparing yourself for that- if you’re giving the consideration of all aspects that you should.”
– John Wooden
You should not let adversity bother you. Because good things come through adversity. Yet most people try to avoid adversity. But you embrace it. Someone once said:
“When I look back, it seems to me,
That all the grief that had to be,
Left me when the pain was over,
Stronger than I was before.” – Anonymous
You get stronger mentality, spiritually, morally and physically, through difficulty. You’ve got to be challenged to improve.
And throughout, you’ve got to measure progress so that you know that’s really true. A good manager’s job is to challenge their team proportionally to their competency level, so that, in turn, their competency level increases and then, you can challenge them at the next level. This is how we feel progress and growth.
“Never mistake activity for achievement.”- John Wooden
John Wooden’s 9 Promises That Can Bring Happiness
1. Promise yourself that you will talk health, happiness, and prosperity as often as possible.
2. Promise yourself to make all your friends know there is something in them that is special and that you value them.
3. Promise to think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best in yourself and others.
4. Promise to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as your about your own.
5. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
6. Promise to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements in the future.
7. Promise to wear a cheerful appearance at all times and give every person you meet a smile.
8. Promise to give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
9. Promise to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit trouble to press on you.
If this post made you rethink your approach to living life in any way, please do others a service and SHARE the love.
Let’s Foster Critical Thinking.
Read More @ www.borisgodin.com
Follow us on Facebook @ Exploration of Human Condition